Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cheesy, I know....

Ok, so maybe it's the pregnancy or maybe it's just because so much has happened in this past year. I don't know what it is but all I know is that every single time I hear this song, I cry. There is something that is so moving about the lyrics at this particular time in my life. I first heard the song on the radio about two weeks ago and I was immediately in tears. I had no idea who was singing, I just knew I had to have it.

Well, it turns out it is a song by Miley Cyrus. No, I am not a teenage girl but still this song moves me. And you've got to admit it, that girl can sing. Now I'm not going to become a huge fan of all of her music but I simply love this song and feel that it is so pertinent to what we are going through right now.

My favorite is the chorus which says:

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm going to have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb......

It just gets me every. single. time.

Here is a video from you tube if you are so inclined to go and listen to the song. Music has a power that simple words cannot convey.

Enjoy.

Oh, and ps, you can call me cheesy if you want to....;)




4 comments:

The Loveridge Family said...

Your totally not cheesy....I LOVE THIS SONG TOO!!!

Camie said...

I'm calling you cheesy! But this is from the girl who cried while thanking her co-workers for all their support during a graduation celebration they were throwing in her honor. I love talking about myself in third person.

Tracy said...

I love this song! We have the cd and I sing it with my girls all the time!

Shaymus.. said...

This is an awesome song, too bad the girl seems to be unable to control her limbs in the video:) I'm a secret Miley Cyrus (music fan only) I could sleep better at night knowing Hannah Montana is no longer out there.


I'm not fat for my height. I'm short for my weight.