Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jesus Knows


Recently we were looking for a new day care situation. We loved our old day care provider. She was kind, loving, flexible and not expensive but she was moving away. :( So we had some choices to make. We decided to hire someone to be in our home to watch the kids. This person would also be responsible for taking the kids to and from school and some light housework. All while I sleep off the night's work.


We interviewed a couple of nice women and then we discussed. We were pretty sure we knew who we wanted and Evan also shared this opinion. We said a prayer as a family and talked about how the spirit answers our prayers and what it feels like inside.


Evan was a bit confused but so earnest in his desire to feel the answer. He said the prayer and then waited and waited to feel his answer. Ryan finished the prayer for him and we talked a lot about what it feels like.


It is difficult to explain in language that child can understand. We talked about warm and burning feelings but he is too literal for that. I think he finally understood.


A few days later we were making a choice about whether or not to switch Evan to Ryan's school since he technically should be going there anyway and only went to the other school so he could take the bus to daycare.


As we were driving one day this converstation ensued.


Me: "Evan have you thought more about where you want to go to school."


Evan: "Yes. I don't want to leave Mrs. Carter." (neither did we. She was awesome!)


Me: "Well, I really want you to think about all the things we have talked about."


Evan: "I will miss my friends."


Me: "But you will make new friends and they will be from your neighborhood. You will also be in school with Daddy and you will be at the school where you will be next year."


Evan: "I think Jesus knows."


Me: "Right."


Evan: "Mom, remember how we asked who should be our babysitter and he told us, Megan? I think that he knows which school I should go to so why don't we just ask him?"


I keep learning things from this little one.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

the faith of a child...if only we all possessed it. i think God has sent us our children so we, too, can learn and grow from them. Can't wait to see Ebs tomorrow.

Not Just Another Jennifer said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Shaylynn said...

Tender story.. I'm jealous. I wish i were megan:)


I'm not fat for my height. I'm short for my weight.