Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Grandma


Just a short while ago my grandmother passed away. I received this picture during the last days of her life. I love the tenderness of holding hands. Of saying goodbye without saying a word. It brings tears to my eyes each time I look at it. I am so happy that they had each other. I am so happy that I have someone to grow old with.

I loved my grandma so much and will miss her. Although I lived far away from her for most of my life I always knew that she loved me and I hope she knew how much I loved her.

I was unable to go say goodbye to her or to make it to her funeral. It was a difficult time for us. She was a wonderful grandma who loved us and my last memory of her is of her holding my baby Oscar when he was just 3 months old. How she loved that little baby. She kissed him and cooed at him and he cooed right back. I will always have that memory of her.

One of my favorite memories is when they came to visit us in DC and I took them to the WWII memorial. It was a wonderful day. I learned so much about both my grandma and grandpa that day that I had never known before. It was so fun to spend so much time with them.

I'll miss you, Grandma. Watch over us from Heaven.

No comments:


I'm not fat for my height. I'm short for my weight.